Re: Oracle 8.1.6 installtion gets hung

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 19:06:48 -0700

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am doing Oracle 8.1.6 (yes Oracle 8.1.6) instalation on HP UNIX
> 11.0.
> When I run /cdrom/runInstaller - Oracle Universal Instale gets hung
> after
> 9% product load. There is no error in oracle instalaton log directory.
> I see it has created a temp executable file and there is installxx.out
> and installxxx.err files but they are zero lengths.
>
> I have verified all the prerequisites of Oracle install. I have no clue
> why this problem is happening.

This installation is really realy strange and painful. I have done several Oracle9i and Oracle10g installations on HP UNIX without any problems, but Oracle 8.1.6 installation has tendency to hang/freeze. I was succesful in getting passed my original error by changing jvm heap size parameters in oraparm.ini. Now installtion freezes on some other screen. no error message is generated in install log file, just keep waiting and waiting. Received on Wed Jul 05 2006 - 21:06:48 CDT