Re: syntax - query's scalar results to a varible?

From: <matt_at_mailinator.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 07:56:15 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> In Oracle, the type of variable that you want to return is ref cursor.
> You create a package, declare type "ref cursor" and have procedure return
> variables of that type. That is much more precise and defined then MS SQL

it sounds like youre talking procedures. stored procs arent a part of this particular scenario; im just wondering how, in PL/SQL, to assign a query's result to a variable.

but yes, i have noticed the cursor thing and use them in my procs to return resultsets.

matt Received on Wed Jul 05 2006 - 09:56:15 CDT