Re: HELP - Ideas for Oracle / MS Sql Interface.

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:50:53 +0200

Johne_uk wrote:

> Does anybody know of
> a suitable guide I can follow that shows me how to do this with
> Solaris, as there seems to be limited numbers of unix odbc drivers for
> Sql Server.

I found this page very helpful (it was written for Linux but perhaps you could borrow some hints anyway):

http://nextre.it/oracledocs/sqlserver_hs.html

Of course the Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide is your friend.

In your first post you talked about Oracle9i. AFAIK, the HS+UnixODBC support was added in 10.1 - or am I wrong?

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

I went to the market to realise my soul
'Cause what I need I just don't have