Announcing Yellowfin Version 2.5 upgrade release for Oracle based users.

From: Yellowfin pty ltd <justin.hewitt_at_i4-talent.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2006 00:34:28 -0700

Announcing Yellowfin Version 2.5 upgrade release. (www.yellowfin.com.au)

Existing Oracle based users can take advantage of this upgrade as soon as convenient. Downloads are available through the customer portal.

V2.5

The changes in this release significantly enhance our BI and Information Collaboration capability. The needs of technical and business users continues to drive our development philosophy.

Innovations in release 2.5.

Source Based Access Filter
Yellowfin has introduced an unparalleled security processes for BI applications - Access Filters. Access filters provide a method for ensuring cell-level data security and complete report personalisation. Access filters relate a user to the source system that they are accessing and ensure that only relevant data is returned to them in a query. For every data request additional filtering criteria is dynamically inserted into the query at run-time to restrict the result set to information that the user is permitted to access. View & meta data builder The most compelling change within this release is to the view and meta data builder.
This allows non-developers to build far more complex and richer data views through a drag and drop interface.

LDAP & OEM Integration
As part of our commitment to building flexibility into Yellowfin we have enhanced our integration capability with LDAP and Active directories that allow you to provision not only users but groups from these applications - reducing the need for replication of administration functions in Yellowfin.

Customisable Analytic Functions
Analytic functionality is a core requirement for BI applications. Yellowfin provides you with a set of standard functions out of the box but also allows you to develop your own to match your unique business needs.

Enhancements

Drag and Drop Dashboard builder
Improved Filtering - aggregated filters and user prompts Comments & Discussion Threads - improving information collaboration Inbox - enabling internal distribution of reports Improved Web Services - access reports from 3rd part applications

Sneak Peek on Version 3.

V3 will introduce reporting from Lotus Notes/Domino.
* Extend the life and increase the ROI of your Lotus Domino investment