Re: PgSQL OFFSET option for the query.

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 23:55:16 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a form of pagination in PHP5 for Oracle and I'm
> having performance problems. My problems stem from using this logic:
>
> select * from
> (Query)
> where rownum <= REQ_Page+1*ROWSPERPAGE;

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:127412348064 At least you haven't fetch all rows, but only needed ones. BTW at least in .NET our developers gather all the result set on the client and then manages all this stuff on client. Of course it has some benefits and some downsides.
And you can always tell your clients that pagination is bad idea and normaly noone paginates more than a few pages anyway ;)

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Tue Jul 04 2006 - 01:55:16 CDT