Re: Which Doc to Read - 10g or 9i ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 17:36:55 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> > Internal rules, as I understand them, are that a developer's job is not
> > completed until they have documented their work ... which includes
> > working with the people that write the manuals.
>
> I take it that means the people who write the manuals are writers,
> while the developers are coders? That would be a good thing,
> considering the different skills involved and the different definitions
> of "what is documentation" for internal versus external developers, and
> would go far to explain the increase in quality (IMO, ignoring the
> occasional goose egg and ignoring 10g) of the manuals. It would also
> explain the inability of being able to drill directly down from what
> the manuals say to what is really happening behind the scenes in the
> db, which I think would be a better thing than trying to poke at a box
> with a stick like we do now.

Nothing like 4th or 5th or 6th person hearsay about what is actually going on within oracle regarding documentation eh?

If Tom Kyte would care to fill us in on how the oracle database production documentation is being developed by oracle that would be beneficial. But then again, some of the participants in this thread apparently don't need to read the books written by Tom. Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 19:36:55 CDT