Re: Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 06:08:25 -0700

nirav wrote:
> > How big is the database ( in gigabytes approximately ).
> >
> > If not too large, export out the data you want and import it into the
> > 9.2.0.6 database.
>
> HI,
>
> Thanks but I guess that may not work out..the point is since this is a
> third party application, we may need to maintain the same version ie
> 9.2.0.7 even after we move it to clustered environment.

Instead of speculating why don't you contact the vendor of the 3rd party application. My guess is that the application is "not sensitive to" such as small change in maintenance level.

> Now since in the clustered environment , oracle home is 9.2.0.6 so we
> may perhaps need another oracle home which is 9.2.0.7 in the clustered
> enviroment. right?

Perhaps but you could also get the maintenance applied after creating proper testing and validation procedures so that there is just one oracle home.

Many shops would not want to operate with a 9.2.0.6 and also a 9.2.0.7 oracle home. Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 08:08:25 CDT