Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 05:26:30 -0700

HI,

I have the following situation:

We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version.

Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest.

Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment.

Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment?

I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.)

With thanks,

Nirav Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 07:26:30 CDT