Re: Which Doc to Read - 10g or 9i ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Jul 2006 10:40:34 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:
> I have not read any of those books. As I said before, I do not have the need
> to.
> How do I know them? They both have web sites out there. One of them posted
> comments in this forum regularly. I have also browsed the content pages of
> those books but did not buy them.

I think it's time to stop this thread. Perhaps you will find some new discussions in the topic where you are now posting about worrying about your blood pressure.

Going back to the beginning of this thread, I was recommending to the OP and not you necessarily that before they starting digging through the Performance documentation that they should have a strong background. To get that kind of background, I made some recommendations.

Perhaps you really are such a knowledgeable dba and/or oracle developer that you have no need of the writings from top oracle professionals. If so, more power to you. Received on Sun Jul 02 2006 - 12:40:34 CDT