oracle procedure newbie

From: Bulldog <jfrancis5_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2006 09:01:21 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to write a procedure using oracle sql plus. Everytime I run the create procedure command, I just get another sql line like its not ending. Here is what I am trying to do, maybe that will help.

Create a stored procedure with a single input parameter that allows the user to supply a product code. Within the procedure, I want to execute a SELECT that retrieves the description and price of the product from the PRODUCT table with a code matching the one supplied by the user. I also would like an exception section that traps the NO_DATA_FOUND error and indicates to the user that the product code that he or she supplied is invalid.

Any assistance is appreciated! Received on Sun Jul 02 2006 - 11:01:21 CDT