Re: Which Doc to Read - 10g or 9i ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 1 Jul 2006 13:40:34 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:
> "joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Bob Jones wrote:
> >> "meathammer" <googler_at_google.com> wrote in message

> >> There is really not that much difference. 10g has automatic this and
> >> automatic that. I would use the 9i manual and never spend any money at
> >> the
> >> bookstores. There is nothing more comprehensive than the manuals.
> >
> > I put in 10053 in the tahiti search engine, and it sure didn't get
> > anything useful. You are just plain wrong, Bob. Put 10053 in the
> > knowledge browser at metalink, it ought to be obvious why a developer
> > serious about performance would want to know about such things.

> There will also be plenty of things you won't find in the books mentioned
> earlier. Should I go out and buy every book that is available?

Certainly the books mentioned so far in this thread are worthwhile. My guess is that you would learn things from them. Every single one of them.

You noted earlier that you are familiar with the writers of the books ( well I think that's what you meant but you said arthurs ).

What does that mean exactly? That you have read the books? That you know the writers personally? That you know them by reputation but are not familiar with the material they have written? Received on Sat Jul 01 2006 - 15:40:34 CDT