Re: trigger is firing in wrong schema

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2006 08:30:32 -0700

SamuelReyna wrote:
> No, my mistake. Stupid error. I was "exp"-ing from one schema and
> "imp"-ing into another and I didn't realize that Oracle maintains
> references to tables in the old schema in the triggers it creates in
> the new schema.

Oracle does not maintain references to tables in old schema. It only does so if you yourself put the schema reference there.

Try creating triggers the following way:

create trigger x_trig1 before insert on schema1.x ....

and then

create trigger x_trig2 before insert on x ....

You'll find that only in the first case the schema reference is kept when exp imp in a different schema.. because you specified it in the first place.

Anurag Received on Fri Jun 30 2006 - 10:30:32 CDT