attribute vs element definition

From: Randy <gastcom_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 30 Jun 2006 07:24:18 -0700

Hi

I am getting confused as to what is the difference between an attribute and an element. People seem to use the terms all over the place. I googled it and it seems that attribute is the correct term. I had someone even say that attribute are groups of elements ... Anybody know of a definitive site for the nomenclature?

PHYSICAL DATABASE AddressTable <--- ENTITY

    myKey
    streetAddr1 <--- ATTRIBUTE / ELEMENT ?     city

ER-DIAGRAM AddressTable <--- ENTITY

    myKey
    streetAddr1 <--- ATTRIBUTE / ELEMENT ?     city

Randy Received on Fri Jun 30 2006 - 09:24:18 CDT