Re: How to recover any SYSDBA user?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2006 17:08:20 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

> Mr. Morgan used to recommend dropping the DBA role. You haven't done
> anything whacky have you?

Even that wouldn't cause a user to not be able to connect with SYSDBA. I test cased this one time in a development database by reverse engineering the DBA role into a script, dropping the role, and recreating it with the name MYDBA, then granted it to system. I forgot I had even done it until I went to GRANT DBA to someone one day, and found the role didn't exist :)

I'm not advocating it, as there doesn't seem to be any need, but I also don't see where it creates any harm...definitely not in this case, anyway.

Regards,

Steve Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 19:08:20 CDT