oracle spatial aggregate functions

From: Chris Condit <condit_at_sdsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:14:00 -0700

I'm getting a very mischievous error when querying Oracle spatial (10g release 2). The table was created by loading from a shapefile with polygons using Oracle's shp2sdo.

I want to run the following aggregate query:

SELECT SDO_AGGR_UNION(MDSYS.SDOAGGRTYPE(SHAPE,0.05)) FROM BENHAB Which of course give me the following informative error:

ORA-13000: dimension number is out of range

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MD", line 1723

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 8

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_CONSTRUCT_DIM_ARRAY", line 27

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.AGGRUNION", line 20

Cause: The specified dimension is either smaller than 1 or greater than the number of dimensions encoded in the HHCODE.

In fact all of the arrgegate queries yield the same result. The data is two dimensional. I'm not clear on why the dimension is not compatible with the HHCODE, nor am I clear how to specify the dimension or change the HHCODE.

Please help... Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 17:14:00 CDT