imp/exp, replace one schema with a different

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 29 Jun 2006 12:11:05 -0700

I'm running 9.2.0.5 Ent Ed. DMTs, compatible param=8.1.0, on Unix AIX5L. In my instance I have a production data schema. I also have a schema that we use to test production applications against non-production data. Periodically I have to refresh that non-production data with more realistic/up-to-date production data.
Currently there is a script that basically exports the production schema, then drops all tables from the test schema, and finally imports the production data into the test schema. I was thinking that it may be easier and more efficient to just drop the user for the test schema and then re-create that user and import the production tables.
I was also considering truncating all the test tables as an option, but in some cases we need to adjust the initial and next sizes of table extents. If you truncate a table can you resize the initial extent? Overall what would you consider the best way of doing this refresh of data? Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 14:11:05 CDT