object # of extents

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 11:51:17 -0700

Running Oracle 9.2.0.5 Ent Ed, DMTs, UNIX AIX5L, compatible parameter = 8.1.0

That should raise some concerns of it's own, but on to the question.

Is there a certain number of extents for objects that one should start to become worried or concerned? If a table reaches say 1500 extents should I start to think about reorganizing the table? What would be the best method to reorg, exp/imp, alter table move? Can someone point me in the direction of a good guideline on when this should become a concern?

Thanks,
BA Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 13:51:17 CDT