Re: trigger is firing in wrong schema

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 10:39:45 -0700

SergeNik wrote:
> Hello, I have a weird problem. I have 4 database schemas.
>
> 1st set
> 1 schema has parent objects and 1 schema has synonyms to point to these
> objects
>
> 2nd set has same set up but with different names
>

> I have a procedure in 2nd set of schemas, which is performing an insert
> into a table. That table has a trigger with the same name in both of
> the parent schemas. The trigger is somehow firing referencing into the
> 1st parent schema and failing with parent key not found because that
> data does not exist in that schema. What is more peculiar is that it
> happens randomly and sometimes the transaction succeeds (with the same
> set of values) and sometimes it fails.
>
> I checked all the synonym names and grants and hard coded references to
> the schemas. We have all of them set correctly and there are no hard
> coded schema references anywhere. I am sure this is an "oracle
> feature". If anyone has any exp with this please help. Thanks a lot

Oracle version? Can you provide a worked example? Can you reproduce this behavior at will? Do you run the latest patchset for your release? It sounds more like a defect than a "feature," so if you're not at the latest patchset level, try to patch and see if the issue persists. If it does and you can set up a reproducible test case, then this issue is for Oracle Support to deal with.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 12:39:45 CDT