trigger is firing in wrong schema

From: SergeNik <nikulins_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 07:30:23 -0700

Hello, I have a weird problem. I have 4 database schemas.

1st set
1 schema has parent objects and 1 schema has synonyms to point to these objects

2nd set has same set up but with different names

I have a procedure in 2nd set of schemas, which is performing an insert into a table. That table has a trigger with the same name in both of the parent schemas. The trigger is somehow firing referencing into the 1st parent schema and failing with parent key not found because that data does not exist in that schema. What is more peculiar is that it happens randomly and sometimes the transaction succeeds (with the same set of values) and sometimes it fails.

I checked all the synonym names and grants and hard coded references to the schemas. We have all of them set correctly and there are no hard coded schema references anywhere. I am sure this is an "oracle feature". If anyone has any exp with this please help. Thanks a lot Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 09:30:23 CDT