e-Business Suite, Ports, Protocols, Latency?

From: <theminch_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 02:08:11 -0700

Hi all.

I have been asked by my boss to get some confidence that e-Business Suite will work over a Satellite broadband system. (DVB-RCS) Do any of you know: -
1) Which Ports and Protocols e-Business Suite uses? 2) Whether it would be affected by high levels of RTT latency i.e. 1000ms-->1500ms?
3) Is there a minimum bandwidth required to run it over a WAN?

The description of the customer's e-Business Suite system is; e-Business Suite
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system incorporating Personnel, Inventory, Maintenance, Accountancy and Financial. The ERP will not be replicated on servers onboard ship but will require "always on" access through a thin client operation from PCs.

Does anyone have any experience of e-Business Suite over high latency (Satellite) networks?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this. TIA. Michael. Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 04:08:11 CDT