Re: DBMS_JAVA

From: Paul Foerster <paul.foerster_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:00:52 +0200

Hi Extents

> Can someone tell me how to create the dbms_java package pls. v 9.2.0 on
> hpux 11i.

... if you create a set of scripts using the dbca then there should be one looking basically like this:

@?/javavm/install/initjvm.sql;
@?/xdk/admin/initxml.sql;
@?/xdk/admin/xmlja.sql;
@?/rdbms/admin/catjava.sql;
@?/rdbms/admin/catexf.sql;

Ok, this is for 10g, but I think it was pretty similar for 9i.

After these scripts have run (connect / as sysdba and have the DB for yourself without users logged in) you should have the dbms_java package. You can check that with the sqlplus describe command.

Don't forget to set java_pool_size and (I think) large_pool_size to something like 150M each during installation. Also bounce the instance after installation and run ?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.

Hope this helps.

--
cul8er

Paul