Re: SERVICE_CLASS parameter is SID_DISC in listener.ora

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 16:01:07 -0700

hypermodest_at_gmail.com wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
>
> > As to keeping pressure on the vendors - there certainly is validity to
> > that since any economic pressure is too little too late... but do you
> > think forcing out production patch code under pressure is a going to
> > lead to a better code situation? Do you really think releasing the
> > attack to the black hats before the vendors patch is the right kind of
> > pressure? Doesn't that unfairly transfer pressure to customers? And
> > how can you know if anyone is a black or white hat anyways? Maybe
> > there's a bunch of guys standing in a circle taking their hat off and
> > putting it on the next guy...
>
> About this:
>
> http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0111.html#1

There's a major difference between 5 years ago, when that was written, and now: Much, much more of the blackhat work is specifically driven by greed and targetting individuals, governments and financial institutions. Aside from that, I'm a big fan of Bruce. I don't know how many newsletters of his I have sitting unread in that subfolder, it could be five years worth... :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060620/news_1m20whizkid.html