Re: Auditing the use of db links...

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 13:41:35 -0700

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> "Steve Howard" <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> :
> : BD wrote:
> : > > I don't know that a database link has a *version* per se....
> : >
> : > I think I was unclear - by 'level of usage', I wasn't meaning the
> : > version of the db that the link points to, I simply want to establish
> : > whether or not the link is being used. If, every time a connection is
> : > made via that link, I can write to an audit table, that would work...
> :
> : You could AUDIT connect on the remote db.
> :
> : Regards,
> :
> : Steve
> :
>
> and how would you identify which DB link was used from the remote database?
> i've posted within the past month that you can determine if a DB link was
> used for a connection via V$SESSION, but you really won't know which db link
> (just the initiating host)
>
> -- mcs

Yes, I remember that, a good idea. IIRC, you suggested that the program would show as oracle. I remember thinking that a java stored procedure from one db to the other via JDBC would generate the same result, but when I tested, it showed the program as null.

Regards,

Steve Received on Mon Jun 26 2006 - 15:41:35 CDT