Re: Auditing the use of db links...

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 13:06:21 -0700

> i've posted within the past month that you can determine if a DB link was
> used for a connection via V$SESSION, but you really won't know which db link
> (just the initiating host)

Huh... I will have to dig up that post. If I understand what you've said here, this would likely do fine, given that the link exists on a specific host.

Okay, I'm starting to see the light. I already know how to audit connections and glean the node from which the connection was made - I could make a logon trigger specific to the ID which is coded in the db link, and if the source node happens to be the server on which the link was created, it's a very good chance that this link was used to make the connection. (I can say this simply based on knowing the environment here).

...that might just do it.

Thanks, Mark. Just needed my thinking to be nudged in a slightly different direction, I guess. :-)

BD Received on Mon Jun 26 2006 - 15:06:21 CDT