Re: Auditing the use of db links...

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:59:13 -0400

"Steve Howard" <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151351576.370032.233790_at_m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
:
: BD wrote:
: > > I don't know that a database link has a *version* per se....
: >
: > I think I was unclear - by 'level of usage', I wasn't meaning the
: > version of the db that the link points to, I simply want to establish
: > whether or not the link is being used. If, every time a connection is
: > made via that link, I can write to an audit table, that would work...
:
: You could AUDIT connect on the remote db.
:
: Regards,
:
: Steve
:

and how would you identify which DB link was used from the remote database? i've posted within the past month that you can determine if a DB link was used for a connection via V$SESSION, but you really won't know which db link (just the initiating host)