Re: Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 04:55:13 -0700

nhk wrote:
> What looks to me is that windows 2000 oracle 9.2 works for windows 2003
> server(32 bit) with the patch set avaliable from the site. Can somebody
> please confirm?

As you noted, if you follow the download link from oracle technology network for 2003 server you can download the 9203 patchset along with a fix for the oracle univeral installer. There are also release notes that you can download.

You can also download the 3 disks for the 9201 release for windows nt/2000/xp.

I would guess that what you need to do is get the 3 disks for 9201 and then following the instructions in the releae notes, proceed to upgrading the 9201 base install to 9203.

That is a guess. We don't run oracle on windows here. Reading the documentation is the correct way to proceed ... that's why they have apparently put the release notes out there.

If you had a support contract you would want to patch "above" 9203 release level. Patchsets above the bare minimum needed to install a product are only available to people with a support contract. Received on Mon Jun 26 2006 - 06:55:13 CDT