Re: Getting the best out of new server hardware: a disk setup for Oracle database

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 24 Jun 2006 09:45:30 -0700

JEDIDIAH wrote:

> >> A storage solution is going to ultimately manage your datafiles
> >> at the block level. Anything that Oracle can do in this regard, any
> >> storage vendor can do just as well.
> >
> > That has not been my experience.
>
> Considering that you seem to be fixated on Apple hardware and NFS,
> this seems hardly surprising.

Captain Morgan has never noted if he has ( or does not have ) any experience with solaris, veritas, hpux, and service guard.

Therefore it is easy to make statements like "That has not been my experience".

He is aware of the current oracle mantra's like "use asm", "use rman", and "use rac". Received on Sat Jun 24 2006 - 11:45:30 CDT