Re: Basic question | run multiple queries without reconnecting

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:21:28 -0400

"Anoop" <anoopkumarv_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151103741.358052.19610_at_y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...

: Well - actually - I just figured out what the problem is...
:
: I was trying this as well...
:
: audit all by 111 by access
:
: So this is a user which starts with a numeral / digit...
: and in Oracle if you need to specify a user like that you need to
: enclose it in quotes (for whatever reason)....
:
: Disregard my previous response.... Duh!! (But still wonder if the
: quotes will cause any problems for users who do not start with a
: number??? I thin kit should not!!!)
:
: Now all of it works fine.. and my audit commands just ran.. thank you
: all such a lot for the help - I really appreciate it...
:
: Best regards,
: Anoop
:

I highly suggest you stop developing start perusing the Oracle Concepts and SQL and PL/SQL manuals and the Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals, plus some of the books ususally recommended in this forum for beginners.

You're posts are peppered with 'I think' and 'for whatever reason' and 'I think not' on some very fundamental matters that you need to understand before you go much further.

++ mcs Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 20:21:28 CDT