Re: Oracle Upgrade Concerns

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 23 Jun 2006 16:10:37 -0700

Greg wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm running on RedHat Linux. It is posslble some platforms are cleaner
> than others, but I'd suspect Linux is prob. the least clean of them all
> :)

Actually it seems to me that it varies quite a bit. Solaris is ( for now ) the reference development platform.

For many years, if one was running on sun equipment, the oracle patches and fixes and new releases were cleanest on solaris. Maybe it will swing back that way.

But I suspect that it will still vary by feature and where the developers and maintainers of the code are working and with what hardware they are doing the majority of the testing on. ( That assumes that testing is taking place before they release fixes ).

At work we are running hpux with rac. That just doesn't seem near as clean as some of the other platforms. At least to me. Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 18:10:37 CDT