Re: Basic question | run multiple queries without reconnecting

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:30:01 -0400

"Anoop" <anoopkumarv_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151097737.964493.207840_at_c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
:

: But I am facing a problem still - a bit unrelated and rather basic..
: But I will go ahead and ask.
:
: >From an oracle client like oracle sqldeveloper, I can run the DCL -
: "audit all by anoop by access" just fine if I log in as sys as sysdba
: role.
:
: But I need to run these as another user - system; and I am getting this
: error message:
:
: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00987: missing or invalid username(s)
:
: I think this means system does not have privileges and I tried using
: the same: ie., tried connecting as
: system as role: sysdba - but then I cant even connect to the db.. the
: test connection fails.
:
: How can give additional privileges to the user "system" so that I can
: run the above command?
:
: My java code I have written does not allow me to connect as sysdba
: role....
:
: Thanks,
: Anoop
:

you should not be logging in as SYSDBA unless you are planning on starting/stopping/restoring/backing up or otherwise managing the database

if you look up the error in the oracle reference or try to google on it you'll get a complete description of the error -- it's not what you think.

++ mcs Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 16:30:01 CDT