Re: Foolish Question about SGA_MAX_SIZE

From: <leo_at_tech-trans.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 18:34:40 -0700

sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com 寫道:

> Did you do it during the heave business hrs, which cause oracle to
> stop?
> sga_max_size is not a dynamic parameter, it has to be changed in the
> init/spfile and restart the database.
> Keep little margin of sga_max_size of the total of
> (buffer_cache,shared_pool,java_pool)
>
> leo_at_tech-trans.com wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tuned the parameter of memory (sga_max_size) in Oracle 9i.
> > Unfortunately, it cause Oracle stop. How can I do? One more question,
> > any guideline to define the maximum of sga_max_size? Thx!
> >
> > Ming

Hi

    I install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.5.0) It is not in a business time, oracle error is out of shared memory. My server has 3G memory. I set sga_max_size to 2G by using alter system set sga_max_size=2048M scope=spfile. Unfortunately, It stops and cannot restart. How to edit the spfile binary file ? Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 20:34:40 CDT