Re: Auditting requirements

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:44:17 -0700

Anoop wrote:
> We have a project where we randomly create oracle accounts based on
> user requests. The requirement is that as soon as a user is created we
> need to enable auditting for the newly created user.
>
> To enable auditting we need to run commands like this:
>
> audit all by <acct> by access;
> audit alter sequence by <indiv acct> by access;
> audit alter table by <acct> by access;
> audit comment table by <cct> by access;
> audit grant procedure by <acct> by access;
> audit grant sequence by <acct> by access;
> audit grant table by <acct> by access;
> audit grant type by <acct> by access;
> audit lock table by <acct> by access;
>
> What we are thinking of doing is to program this into our code where
> the user gets created.
> But we have a lot of databases to which we will hav eto connect to and
> run these commands as a procedure.
> Hence, I want to explore if that can be done using oracle auditting
> commands. Like can iI enable auditting for all users by default (or a
> subset) so that a new user created will have auditting enabled whenever
> his account gets created? Or can I have the above commands run as soon
> as (after) a user-account is created? Is that possible?
> It wd be great if someone can help me as I am a n00b in this field.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Anoop

And your Oracle version is?

If not some Paleolithic unsupported version this is all unnecessary.

You can audit DDL with DDL event triggers. www.psoug.org / click on Morgan's Library / click on DDL Event Triggers Nobody ever comments tables so that's a waste ;-) Why are you auditing table locks?

Seems like a lot of work for something that could be done with a single trigger.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington