Re: UNDO Tablespace Full

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:52:49 -0700

ADRoman wrote:
> Chuck;
>
> Let me tell you that we have a Hybrid database (OLTP and DSS).
> That is the reason we use 2 undo tablespace, for OLTP 5 GB and for DSS
> 10 GB,
> Large processes are run seldomly, I mean by night or weekly. Those
> processes are supposed to be using the undo tablespace for DSS mode.
>
> I'm still wondering WHY the full segments are not being released, if
> nobody are using them??
> It has been 2 days and they are still full.
>
> Plese helpme with this doubt.
>
> Alonso

I'm still wondering why you have ignored all of the advice you've been given and are still asking the same question.

  1. Do NOT top post.
  2. No need for multiple undo tablespaces.
  3. If you want to understand how segments work read the concepts book.

It can't be made simpler than that.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington