Re: RAC and DataWarehouse

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:44:24 -0700

JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2006-06-20, Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com> wrote:

>> DA Morgan wrote:
>>> Here are some of the more obvious advantages.
>>> 4. Incremental scalability
>> Is the scalability any closer to linear than it was with OPS in 8i or is
>> there still a fairly low point of diminishing returns?

> RAC is MUCH better.
>
> In many cases, RAC scales better than NUMA.
>
> Oracle re-engineered the part of OPS that sucked so badly.
Oracle's published RAC scaling number is 84%. That is roughly what I have seen in my lab too: Usually a bit better. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington

damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 11:44:24 CDT