Re: Oracle Text Search Across Multiple Columns and Different Tables

From: Bellas <paul.bellwood_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 09:04:28 -0700

Hi,

This is how I created my materialized view: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW test_search_view AS SELECT film_id as id, 'F' as media_type, film_title as name, film_synopsis AS description FROM film
UNION ALL
SELECT jobid as id, 'J' as media_type, jobname as name, thework AS description FROM job
UNION ALL
SELECT news_id as id, 'N' as media_type, headline as name, to_clob(content) AS description FROM news

I'm not sure what happens to the index if the data changes in one of the tables. Do you know if I would need to rebuild the index?

Thanks,

Bellas Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 11:04:28 CDT