Re: SERVICE_CLASS parameter is SID_DISC in listener.ora

From: <hypermodest_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 08:50:03 -0700

Vladimir M. Zakharychev wrote:
> hypermodest_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello.
> > Does anybody have *any* information about SERVICE_CLASS parameter? What
> > does it mean and which values it can accept?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Where did you see it being used in listener configuration? Which
> value did it have? Why do you want to know other possible values
> for it? Which Oracle version? Which platform? Do you experience
> any issues with this parameter being set or it's pure curiosity?

I'm reverse engineer and I'm clearly see how Listener checks SID_DESC branch for SERVICE_CLASS parameter. By the way, default value for it is just "ORACLE". Checked versions: at least 8.0, 8.1.7, 9.2.*, 10.1.*, 10.2.*. Platforms: at least windows/x86 linux. I'm security researcher and one my another question is directly connected with this parameter. That's why I'm looking for any info. Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 10:50:03 CDT