Re: Decode Base64 in Oracle 8i?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:07:34 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:37:54 +0000, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> In Oracle 10g there is UTL_ENCODE.BASE64_DECODE to decode a Base64 string.
>
> Does anybody know a solution, workaround, anything to decode Base64
> in a stored procedure in Oracle 8i?

Oracle 8i is now so old that I must ask why don't you upgrade? There are many solutions to your problem: extproc implementation, Java in the database implementation, extproc_perl but that's all just quick and dirty trickery. The real solution is to upgrade. You probably know that too, don't you?

--
http://www.mgogala.com