Re: RAC and DataWarehouse

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:19:49 -0500

On 2006-06-19, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

> wagen123_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> Thanks Daniel.
>>
>> I read something about the parallel queries that perform better in RAC
>> environment than a single node. Something about parallelism that is
>> done across nodes (using the other node CPU) even though the query is
>> executed against one node. Not able to locate the document.

        I believe this is just a matter of setting your max number of parallel query slaves/processes. By default, 10g RAC will distribute parallel queries across the cluster. There are ways to govern this with the use of services and such. Your salesman should be able to get you in contact with a presales engineer that can tell you all about this.

[deletia]

--
	OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop.      |||
				                               / | \

                http://www.usenet.com