Help: How can I achieve this

From: joebayer <joebayer(nospam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:13:46 GMT

We are using Oracle 9i.

What we want to do is this: When form loads, it will get data from local Oracle database and remote SQL server database through heterogeneous connectivity. When user commit update, we want either it succeed to both databases, or rollback on both databases, to keep the two database synchronized.

But Oracle donot allow us to do so,

 SQL> update v1 set id1=9 where id2=4;

1 row updated.

SQL> update v2 set "id2"=5 where "id1"=5; update v2 set "id2"=5 where "id1"=5
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02047: cannot join the distributed transaction in progress

SQL> rollback;

Rollback complete.

SQL> update v2 set "id2"=5 where "id1"=5;

1 row updated.

Where v2 is a view pointing to a remote table.

Thanks for your help. Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 05:13:46 CDT