Re: Question: ONE corrupted tablespace in standby db???

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2006 13:18:47 -0700

Index rebuilds on a weekly basis... you might want to look into some of the debates on that, particularly on oracle-l. http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/03-2004/msg02160.html And of course, the canonical Jonathan Lewis answer: http://www.dbazine.com/oracle/or-articles/jlewis14

> I just hate feeling as if I'm being snickered at as I'm trying to work
> this stuff out. Gotta wonder if Sybrand was one of the lucky few who
> never had a learning curve.

In the past he's alluded to doing it _because_ he went through the curve. Don't worry about being snickered at, you'll likely be much harder on yourself than anyone else could be when you realize you've said something really dumb, which is inevitable. Eventually you realize it's not all that important and we can all laugh together. At least google now lets you delete posts even if you no longer have the email address.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
And someone always does it worse: