Re: Oracle and Supra connectivity

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:04:42 GMT

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:31:40 -0700, cfs3526 wrote:

> Yes. Supra by cincom.com supports both ODBC and JDBC.
> But can I create a database link based on ODBC or JDBC?

DB Links basically use SQLNet (Oracle Networking). Oracle Networking can communicate with Oracle's Heterogeneous Services. Heterogeneous Services can be configured using ODBC.

There are limitations.

Read all about it in Oracle's handy-dandy document titled "OracleŽ Database Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide" found in unlikely places such as Oracle documentation library (http://docs.oracle.com) If you happen to be using 10gR2, the doc is at OracleŽ Database Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide

And yes, Heterogeneous Services are included in the database license ... as discussed in the New Features doc (9i and older) or Licensing doc (10g and higher)

Hans Forbrich (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com) *** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong! *** Top posting [replies] guarantees I won't respond. Received on Fri Jun 16 2006 - 13:04:42 CDT