Re: Combine Unix variable with Oracle variable

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:26:55 +0200

aman.oracle.dba wrote:

> Thank You for your responce and this code, but I want to do that in
> reverse mode.
> Means,
> I have one unix variable h.
> I want to store, how many rows in table temp1 in this unix variable
> (h), so that I can use that..........

Sybrand's response is right for you then.

You can also avoid to write a separate SQL script file if you wish:

h="`sqlplus -s username/password << __END__ set feedback off newpage 0 pagesize 0
select count(*) from temp1 ;
exit
__END__
'"

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

All foreign wars I do proclaim
Live on blood and a mother's pain