Question: ONE corrupted tablespace in standby db???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 15:05:33 -0700

Hey all.

I'm on 8.1.7.4 on AIX 5.2.0.2.

I have a standby database which is being used for reporting. It is unmanaged; I apply the redo from the master a couple of times a day, more often on weekends.

I have not made this db available for use yet; it's still a POC for us.

But I ran dbv against the standby's datafiles today, and see a whole WHACK of errors - for example:

Block Checking: DBA = 369100613, Block Type = Found block already marked corrupted
Block Checking: DBA = 369100614, Block Type = Found block already marked corrupted

The datafiles affected only belong to one tablespace, and _all_ of this tablespace's files are affected.

The master database's files are fine.

I am currently running dbv against all the files in this reporting database, and so far, only the six files in this one tablespace are broken. My db has 230 files, and so far it's verified just over half of them; no additional errors.

I have already done some digging into this, and have found one discussion concerning whether the standby is set to NOLOGGING or not - that discussion was concerning DataGuard, so likely isn't directly relevant to 8i.

I tried to analyze one of the indexes in this affected tablespace, and (predictably) got a 'data block corrupted' message.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened here??

Thanks for all suggestions!

BD Received on Thu Jun 15 2006 - 17:05:33 CDT