Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:42:32 -0500

On 2006-06-14, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>>> Nope, "Clusterware" is a separate download for 10.2
>>
>> ...which is completely orthogonal to the point that you need
>> to install the clusterware first in order to install RAC.
>>
>> [deletia]
>
> Correct except that your original statement was:
>
> "You still install it from the main package though."
>
> Both Mladan and I tried to correct what appeared to be a misstatement.

        That is still a perfectly correct statement. RAC != crs. crs is a dependency. That dependency is handled differently depending on which version of Oracle you happen to be installing. This is an important detail you managed to leave out while in a rush to "correct a misstatement".

        I left it to the original poster to figure out how he needs to handle dealing with that dependency depending which version of Oracle he's using (which he did not specify).

--
     Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||

                http://www.usenet.com