Re: Lag Time Between Log File Switch and Archive Log File

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 07:00:17 -0700

dhoffman0917_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Thanks for your tips. My first thoughts were an archiver that can no
> longer keep up with the demand. I will check for hot spots during high
> volume processing and repost.
>
> Thanks again.

Another thought now that we know you are using EMC: Are you using mirroring to backup on the EMC, then perhaps breaking and resilvering in the early morning hours? That might explain such an egregious I/O delay...

I'm sure some lurkers would like to know if you are using a particular version of Solaris and what sort of I/O options you are using.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Next time I'll use a different needle." - President Bush, apologizing