Re: Getting the best out of new server hardware: a disk setup for Oracle database

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:40:27 -0400

On 13 Jun 2006 13:00:37 -0700, "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Heikki Siltala wrote:
>> Hello all Oracle&server experts, what you think about the following
>> setup for Oracle database?
>>
>> HP DL585, 16 GB RAM, 2 dual-core AMD processors, 64-bit Red Hat Linux 4,
>> 64-bit Oracle database software.
>
>What about Solaris 10?

If you have Oracle running on Solaris x64, I'd be curious to hear how it went..

We considered it, and if Veritas supported Storage Foundation HA on it, we would've tried.. else, wasn't worth our effort.. Storage Foundation HA for Linux doesn't work that well either I must say (the DMP piece)
We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3
remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Jun 14 2006 - 22:40:27 CDT