Re: Merge from pl/sql table

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:44:55 +0200

Leon schreef:
> I have a master/detail transaction. Is there any other way of doing
> transaction processing than in a for loop, which ensures data
> integrity. I need to be able to process a complete transaction of fail
> a complete transaction. I have been thinking of processing/validating
> all my transactions and placing valid transactions in a pl/sql table.
> Once complete doing a merge into the transaction tables from the pl/sql
> table. Is this possible.
>
> tks

You probably commit too much.
insert master, insert details,
repeat until done,
commit.

What's the problem? Don't come up with the excuse you need too much rollback - you shouldn't use rollback, but undo to start with. Second: you probably need it because of the way you process your data right now.

If all of the above fails to shed the light, look up deferrable constraints.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...