Re: 10gR2 RAC: Mirroring OCR and voting disks

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:55:17 -0700

Andreas Sheriff wrote:

> Where does it state in the manual that the majority must survive?
> I love how they leave these little tidbits out. 'Makes it exciting!

I don't know that it states it explicitly: Perhaps it does. But that was my assumption based on the fact that an uneven number of resources was required. With control files any one can survive and thus two control files or three it makes no difference. If an uneven number is required then it is consistent that a vote takes place and that a tie is not allowed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington