Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:13:42 -0700

"JEDIDIAH" <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote in message news:bnd3m3-cah.ln1_at_nomad.mishnet...

> On 2006-06-08, Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com> wrote:
>> "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote in message

>>> You might want to check out the Oracle installation Guides for Windows.
>>> RAC is included in the EE edition CD.
>>>
>>> (10g Titles, titles may vary for each release version)
>>> Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
>>> Companion CD Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
>>> Release Notes for Microsoft Windows
>>>
>>> All these are available online if you do not have them.
>>>
>>> HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>>>

>> If I'm not mistaken, RAC is a separate, licensed option for EE.
>
> Yup. You still install it from the main package though.
>
> Can't speak to Windows, but under Unix you have to have the
> clusterware installed first before the main installer will acknowledge
> the existence and activate the installation options for it.
>
> --
>
> Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good.      |||
>                                                                     / | \

>    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
>                http://www.usenet.com

Nope, "Clusterware" is a separate download for 10.2

Please see:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201linx8664soft.html

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup