Re: Please inform about oracle dba daily work

From: joe d <debuzna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 14:13:20 -0700

Sometimes we answer questions on Usenet. ;-)

> Whereas I know performance tuning
> is not daily work because in most of companies, they have scripts for
> that.

Sure would love to have a copy of those automated tuning scripts! But seriously, your main job is to make sure the DB is always available and responsive to your users and what that entails could change on a day-to-day basis usually depending on the maturity of the project.

Just because a company has performance monitoring scripts doesn't mean all your performance problems are being identified let alone solved especially during times of change such as when your users' applications are upgraded. And just because you're doing backups doesn't mean you'll be able to recover. Regularly give those backups a sanity check and make sure you can recover from them.

Good luck DBA'ing!

-joe